...and share a concentrated one-day to extended-stay learning session.
My residencies consist of workshops, master-classes, lectures, demonstrations, concerts and collaborative performances with students. Residencies provide renewed energy, inspiration and musical enthusiasm for students and teachers alike.
Poto Music and Art Festival
Grass Valley CA
- Guest composer/performer/artist
University of Mary Washington
- Guest composer/performer/clinician
- Concert of Twentieth Century flute repertoire
- Classes in flute: extended technique and improvisation
- Lectures on the business of music and creative opportunities
- Seminar on Smart Music computer software
- Informal gatherings with students
Wichita State University's Contemporary Music Festival
- Guest composer/performer
- Premiere concert reading of one-act opera "Five"
- Presentation of "Sixty Years of Flute Music", a concert of music by Rorem, Sollberger, Clarke, Kibbe, Rothman and Burr
- Master classes in flute, instrumental improvisation and theater improvisation
- Lecture on the business of music and creative opportunities
During her week-long residency, Ellen displayed excellence in the areas of composition, flute performance, and improvisation. Her flute playing is at the highest technical level; her compositions, both traditionally notated and improvised, are original and impressive.
Dr. Katherine Ann Murdock
Professor, Music Theory & Composition Director. Contemporary Music Festival School of Music, Wichita State University